Replacing fixed window

Hi all,

I need to replace a couple of fixed windows (in a bay window setup). They are about 4' Wide x 5' High, no frame, with muntins inside - they are held in place by aluminum framing and screws.

Does anyone have any idea where I can find windows without frames, and is this somewhat of a standard size?

Thanks, Budman

Reply to
Budman

There is probably nothing standard about them. See if you can figure out the window manufacturer and see if they still sell this window, you may be able to get parts from them. barring that I would suspect you are SOL.

I know of an auction in PA where you can often find bays for pennies on the dollar, they were special orders and such but were returned for some reason. Most are brand new. I have seen them go for as low as $1 !!! If your close you may be better off getting a whole new unit and having it installed. If your in PA, MD, DE, NJ let me know and I'll post their name. next auction is in September.

Reply to
No

Hi No,

Thanks for the info - however, I'm in NC.

I did finally find a local shop that does custom windows - looks like it's going to be about $250/window - not cheap but not too bad.

Budman

Reply to
Budman