Replacing elements on Smoothtop Range?

I have a Maytag Performa MER5752BAW Smoothtop range. One of the stove top burner elements wont come on. How does that big piece of glass come off so I can replace the element? Does it just lift off? Thanks!
On Sun 27 Sep 2009 09:34:17p, Mike Slater told us...

Different manufacturers and models have different methods of attachment. You need to look for the service manual for your model. If you can't find it on the web, clal Maytag customer service.
I don't know how expensive replacing one element costs, but replacing the entire top is quite expensive. You might also want to check the control to make sure it hasn't gone bad.
--

~~ If there\'s a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it. ~~

I found this: http://www.servicematters.com/maytag_library/docs/16026784.pdf
Thanks.
On Tue 29 Sep 2009 09:02:40a, Mike Slater told us...

Glad you found it. Sounds simple, too!
--

~~ If there\'s a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it. ~~