Replacing Electric Range with Gas

I am intending to replace my electric slide-out range with a gas model. Is there an adapter or converter available that will allow me to utilize the 220 line that currently runs to my electric range in order to make the 110 connection for the electronics on the gas range? Or am I going to have to run a new electric line as well?
<< Or am I going to have to run a new electric line as well? >>
Not if you have a four wire plug (connection, whatever). A four wire setup will have two 240's, a ground and neutral. Your servicing electricial can wire an outlet for 120 V from the neutral and one of the 240's. Should be easy. HTH
Joe

In other words, there should be two hots and a neutral (at least). Wire across the two hots, and you get 240V. Wire from one hot to the neutral, and you get 120V. You can choose either hot.
--
Bob in CT
Remove ".x" to reply

If you pull one side of your hot wire and the nuetral wire from your 240v service to make a 110 receptcle. It will work. You only have to worry about the 50 amp breaker protecting that service. That 15amp service gas range will get really hot before it will pop a 50 amp breaker. Just my opinion from a similair situation.