Replacing drop-in oven

We would like to replace our drop-in oven with a free-standinf unit. What exactly does this entail ? Thanks
I hope I don't confuse things here but do you mean a drop in stove? If so the easy part is removing the kick plate between the 2 cabinets. The hard part is replacing the countertop. Your existing stove sits over a cutout area of the countertop the new one will sit in between two pieces of counter. If it is a laminate top I suppose you could remove the existing top cut it into the two correct sizes, apply edge caps and reinstall. Good time for a new countertop IMHO. Also you will need to install a receptacle I think dropins are hard wired.