REPLACING CONTROL ON ELECTRIC RANGE

Hi All,
    I have a 12 year old GE electric oven/range combo, model # J HP56N 0K1AD. I need to replace one of the burner controls--It stays on "high" regardless of what position it is in. My problem is that I cannot get the control panel off of the range. There is 1 screw on the bottom, and 1 on the top that appear to hold the control panel on. The bottom one is easy to remove, but the top one is blocked. I have put a picture of the range on the web at
http://home.computer.net/~rong/range.jpg
    Maybe these 2 screws do not hold the panel on--maybe it's clipped on--I thought of that also, but pulling on the panel gets me nowhere. Has anyone out there ever worked on one of these ???
Thanks,
RON *************************************************************** Ron Goldstein.....KA2IIA STAY YOUNG---DRIVE A VINTAGE 427 CORVETTE. KEEP YOUR MIND ACTIVE---BECOME AN AMATEUR RADIO OPERATOR. REMEMBER, THERE ARE NO STRANGERS IN AMATEUR RADIO, ONLY FRIENDS THAT WE HAVE NOT YET MET. snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net****** snipped-for-privacy@arrl.net
snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net (Ron Goldstein) wrote in message

Hi,
This might help...
http://www.partselect.com/Schematics/GE/00006461i01.gif
If memory is correct, outer front chrome trim comes off, knobs and glass come off to gain access to the consol/metal piece where the switchs are attached to.
jeff.
Are you sure this unit is only 12 years old? I had a Litton unit that looked almost identical to yours and it was manufactured in 1979.