REPLACING CONTROL ON ELECTRIC RANGE

Hi All,

I have a 12 year old GE electric oven/range combo, model # J HP56N

0K1AD. I need to replace one of the burner controls--It stays on "high" regardless of what position it is in. My problem is that I cannot get the control panel off of the range. There is 1 screw on the bottom, and 1 on the top that appear to hold the control panel on. The bottom one is easy to remove, but the top one is blocked. I have put a picture of the range on the web at

Maybe these 2 screws do not hold the panel on--maybe it's clipped on--I thought of that also, but pulling on the panel gets me nowhere. Has anyone out there ever worked on one of these ???

Thanks,

RON

*************************************************************** Ron Goldstein.....KA2IIA STAY YOUNG---DRIVE A VINTAGE 427 CORVETTE. KEEP YOUR MIND ACTIVE---BECOME AN AMATEUR RADIO OPERATOR. REMEMBER, THERE ARE NO STRANGERS IN AMATEUR RADIO, ONLY FRIENDS THAT WE HAVE NOT YET MET. snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net****** snipped-for-privacy@arrl.net
Reply to
Ron Goldstein

Hi,

This might help...

If memory is correct, outer front chrome trim comes off, knobs and glass come off to gain access to the consol/metal piece where the switchs are attached to.

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

Are you sure this unit is only 12 years old? I had a Litton unit that looked almost identical to yours and it was manufactured in 1979.

Reply to
Banister Stariwell