Replacing Concord Ceiling Fan Capacitor and/or Transformer

Fan Model: 820 AL-G

Series: 52DS5

Black 3 wire capacitor: 1 white wire goes to motor wiring harness clip, 1 white wire goes to forward/reverse switch, 1 red wire goes to motor wiring harness clip

White 5 wire transformer inside of metal housing: 1 white wire crimped with two white wires (1 for auxillary light kit I believe and the 2nd crimps with white wire from capacitor at forward/reverse switch) 1 orange wire goes to motor wiring harness clip, 1 pink wire and 1 grey wire go to fan speed control module (pull chain).

The fan will not turn when powered on but is getting power. Sometimes i am able to "jump start"it by spinning the blades and then turning on the power. I always leave the fan on highest speed.

The capacitor has no sign of blistering which I understand is a tell tale sign it is going bad

Unable to really see all of the transformer.

This fan was built in or prior to 1996 I believe and I have been told the transformer is no longer available. If so is it possible a different style capacitor is available that replaces the original capacitor and transformer?

Reply to
William P

cieling fans arent expensive, just replace the entire fan.

quick, easy and cheaper , since the fan motor might be bad...

Reply to
bob haller

thanks for your thoughts

Reply to