replacing clothes washer door bellow

Our clothes washer is 9+ years old and the door bellow (goes between the door and drum in a front-loading clothes washer) needs to be replaced. I found the part. Is this something that can be replaced by someone who has never done anything like it before?
Jan Philips wrote:

If you go to http://www.repairclinic.com/ and can find the part there, sometimes they have instructional videos that show how to replace the part.

I found it there, but there were no instructions. It does say skill level 2 - do-it-yourself.

It would help if you called the part by a more-accurate name, such as "door seal". There's no such part as a "bellow".
Using the term "door seal", I found this YouTube video: <
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSxfxXLn3x4
I imagine other brands will be very similar.
This project looks pretty simple, but you will be messing with many little doohickeys that need to come apart and go back together in a very specific order. If mechanical aptitude isn't your strong suit, you're probably better off calling in an appliance repairman.
--
Tegger

That is what they call it, see http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/134365200/0026/417

Thank you.

That could be right.

By golly, you're right. Not a name I would have chosen, but there it is.
--
Tegger

I learned the same thing today. My bad, as the saying goes.

And fenders are "wings". Plus they call a garage a "garridge", to rhyme with "carriage".
Weirdos. But they do have good beer.
--
Tegger

Jan Philips wrote:

If you say what the make and model is, someone here may be able to find a YouTube or other repair video that shows how to do it.
For example, if you happen to have a Frigidaire Affinity Washer, these two videos may help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt75yTEjQlI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?vZOfdzXczSM

Do you have a handy neighbor? If so, maybe get him/her to help you. Take photos or a video as you disassemble the current gasket, that will be a big help in putting the new one into place.
I would give it a try, you only get to be handy if you try. There is always some learning, but you have to begin somewhere, and this doesn't seem that complicated. Just use the photos you take very frequently. They're free!!
On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 10:49:18 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net"
Well, I cleaned it with bleach and that got most of the mildew, but not all. Then I ran Tide washingmachine cleaner. My wife said that she has tried that product before, and it didn't work.
She wants to replace the front loader with a top loader so water won't stay on the door seal and mildew. I'm trying other solutions, and will replace the seal if needed. For the time being, she isn't complaining about it.