replacing carpet and lino with ceramic tile

My bathroom have linoleum and I would like to replace it with ceramic tile.

Do I need to remove the glue completely?

Also I have a master 1/2 bath that is currently carpeted but I would like to remove the carpet and install ceramic tile in there as well.

I would like to know the preparation work needed for the previously carpeted floor?

I am going to have a carpet installer put in new carpet in the rest of the house soon, should I tell him to remove the carpet in there for me or install the new carpet up the outside of the said bathroom, and I can go remove it myself later on? Since I do not know how long before I will actually tile that room.

Reply to
jj3000

No, but you may want to put a board on top of it. There are cement boards made for just that purpose. Talke to your dealer.

Same as above.

Tell him what you are planning and he will put the proper end piece in place.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

You are making a big mistake. My parents have a ceramic tile bathroom floor. I cant tell you how many times people have slipped and fallen in there. Ceramic is slippery. Also, if using glue down ceramic tile, perpare to re-glue a few tiles every year. Ceramic is made for walls, not floors.

Reply to
buzzfuze

Some glazed shiny tiles are slippery, others with a matte finish are not. Had it in my house for many years, no slips, no falls. Not all tiles are equal.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

On behalf of this newsgroup, and of thinking individuals, especially those skilled in the construction trades, I would like to apologize for this post. Although I did not make this post, I still have to apologize.

Occasionally people come in here who have absolutely no clue as to what they are talking about, and this is the best example of that that I have seen in the last year or so.

Please disregard the above response. It is totally worthless information.

Reply to
Robert Allison