replacing broken pane on double-insulated glass window

I have a double hung, vinyl replacement window that has a broken interior pane. My other windows, I remove the sash, take it back to the manufacturer, and they then fix the thing.

Problem is, I have no idea who made this window (was already there when I bought the place). How do you go about fixing this thing without putting in a whole new window? Do other window manufacturers match someone else's design?

Matt

Reply to
Slumlord

try telling the problem to your local independent window store - they may be able to help

bren

Reply to
Bren

From one to another

another slumlord

Look in you local phone book for glass companies that make their own IG units. They have the ability to match the grids, glass and thickness of the unit.

Now I am not sure how the vinyl units came apart (or if they do) that would be the only problem I can see on getting a local glass company to install a new glass.

BTW, there may be ID etched into a corner of one of the glass units. Look closely, or if older like me, look with a magnifying glass.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

Well... was looking something besides plywood...

You could 'urbanize' it a bit by spray-pa>

Reply to
Slumlord

I took mine to a local place that fixes broken glass. Specifically Kaplan glass near the stadium in downtown Baltimore. Got it back the same day. Found them in the Yellow pages and they were convinent to me. This is not rocket science; you don't have to take it to the manufacturer.

Reply to
scott_z500