replacing basement windows...in concrete?

I live in upstate NY in a house that was built in 2000.
I want to replace the cheap single glass basement windows with some nicer insulated windows of the same size. How are basement windows normally set in? I am hoping that the windows are attached to pressure treated lumber that is in the concrete. Could they just be set in the concrete itself? I think they are wood frame. If that is the case, should I install the new vinyle windows with concrete screws (those blue ones) and silicone?
What is best practice in this situation?
On 7 Nov 2006 13:11:57 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Yes, blue screws in concrete, and vinyl windows would work fine.
-Lee

vinyl and mortar... you may have to special order
M (nospam) wrote:

Vinyl double glazed windows are great. Just attach to concrete with any of several methods (Blue tap con screws are good) caulk the perimeter and thats it.
If I need to shim the window, should I use synthetic shims? or should I just screw it in and caulk bigger gaps...I'm talking like maybe 1/4 inch or so?