replacing basement windows...in concrete?

I live in upstate NY in a house that was built in 2000.

I want to replace the cheap single glass basement windows with some nicer insulated windows of the same size. How are basement windows normally set in? I am hoping that the windows are attached to pressure treated lumber that is in the concrete. Could they just be set in the concrete itself? I think they are wood frame. If that is the case, should I install the new vinyle windows with concrete screws (those blue ones) and silicone?

What is best practice in this situation?

Reply to
beerguzzler50

pressure

Yes, blue screws in concrete, and vinyl windows would work fine.

-Lee

Reply to
flb51notthis

vinyl and mortar... you may have to special order

Vinyl double glazed windows are great. Just attach to concrete with any of several methods (Blue tap con screws are good) caulk the perimeter and thats it.

Reply to
tmurf.1