Replacing an old window with a new one:

How do you measure old window for new replacement window?

With a tape measure?
Funny...But I mean do you need to remove the trim around the window to get true measurements or can you just measure inside the molding?
On 02 Aug 2003 00:07:26 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (MOUSETRAP) wrote:

You need to measure the inside...the part that the present window butts up to on both sides.
You shouldn't hafta remove the trim. You should be able to measure the opening at the top of the sash...when its in the closed position.
Measure it accurately...very important, of course.
Have a nice week...
Trent
Well, user certainly gave you some valuable advice! I also know that not everybody processes information the same way. So in case user's advise didn't do it for you I offer you the following link. Maybe it'll be a little better for you.
http://www.smartwindow.com/installation/measure1.cfm
Good luck.