Replacing an in-wall air conditioner

I've recently bought a house, it has three 15+ year old Friedrich A/C that do not work, I was wondering if its possible to replace them with new units, but leaving the sleeves, so I dont have to do much work in carpentry. Thanks.

Sure, there are several "standard" sleeve sizes. Measure and go buy some new ones. They tend to be a little more than normal models.

I'm sure it is possible but whether you'll be able to find *exact same size* replacements is another question. You'll have to get the sleeve's measurements and check the various manufacturer's web sites for current model's specifications. Your best chance is likely finding a current Friedrich model but other brands may also have similar specifications.
You can see some of the available wall air conditioner models at the following link:
http://ng.appliance411.com/data.php?cat 9
Optionally you could remove the units you have an take them to a local appliance repair shop and have them checked out. They might not have serious problems to correct but will certainly need to be professionally cleaned if it hasn't been done in the last 3 years. Air conditioners should be professionally at least every 3 years (every year if used in a high traffic area) to keep them working as well as possible while using the least amount of energy.
JMO
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=air+conditioner
=~~~~~~
snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (Roman) wrote in message

I should think you have a good chance. Measure the sleeve and ask local dealer. TB
I replaced a Sears with a GE. Make sure you get one for the appropriate wall thickness.(has to do with appropriate venting and lack of vents in the sleeve if the wrong size is chosen)