Replacing an Electric Range

I am replacing an old electric range and have some wiring questions. Th eold electric range was hard wired to the electric box. The box had 3 wires (Red / White / Black). The ground was connected to a screw on the side of the stove and connected to a copper pipe.
1. I need to put in a plug so I can can plug in the new range. What kind of plug do I put in? A 3 prong range plug since I only have 3 wires?
2. How do I ground the new stove? The same way the old on was?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Jay

Code has changed for ranges and dryers now they are fed by 4 wires, your old system used 2 hots and a ground the new adds a neutral wire. There may be instructiions with the range to wire it using the old existing non conforming system.
Current NEC allows you to use a preexisting three wire range feeder. Just buy a three wire range outlet and connect it with white in the middle. The white wire on a three wire systems serves as neutral and ground. On the range there should be a jumper strap from the neutral terminal to the metal frame of the range. If it is not currently installed, it should be in a parts bag with instructions . A short time ago Ralph Mowery posted this instruction for a dryer connection. It is essentially the same thing for a range. http://fixitnow.com/appliantology/dryercords.htm