Replacing a hot water heater. Efficiency?

Page 3 of 3

I replaced mine 2 years ago with a top of the line electric Whirlpool from Lowe's. Since I pay about 14 cents per kilowatt hour I have been monitoring my electricity usage for 15 plus years. I paid about $325 for the water heater and know for certain that it has paid for itself in energy savings already.
Sounds inefficient to me.
Hot water doesn't need to be heated.
--

FF