Replacing a hot water heater. Efficiency?

Sorry about that. Forgot that Oregon had a Douglas County.

I see that Douglas County PUD (your electric provider) signed a recent agreement to provide electricity for an industrial contract at 1.8 cents per kWh. Industrial power usually sells at way below residential rates.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

Except in the fact that 100% of the energy you pay for is used to heat. As opposed to gas, for instance, where some of the heat goes up the chimney.

OK - I'll give you the house wiring losses - not much there.

Reply to
Bob F