replacing a gfci outlet

In my kitchen on the wall, is a GFCI outlet. I want to replace it with a regular outlet, it actually has 6 wires going to the GFCI outlet. How do I configure the wires for the regular outlet. Thank you,Guy
On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 13:42:13 -0600, "waggs"

Why would you do this? -- Oren
waggs wrote:

Make sure you are not violating the electrical code in your area when you do that, most codes require Ground fault protection on kitchen outlets, save for ones intended for a refrigerator to plug into and be in front of.
If the circuit feeding that outlet is protected by a GFCI panel breaker or another GFCI receptical ahead of the one you want to change, then it should be ok to replace it with a regular outlet. If not, think about what you're doing.
Chances are there's six wires going to it because that GFCI receptical is feeding one or more regular recepticals downstream and there's a hot, neutral and ground feeding it plus a hot, neutral and ground continuing to the next receptical downstream.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
waggs wrote:

AFIK current code in the US requires GFCI in both baths and kitchens.