Replacing a ceiling light

Hi all

Sorry to sound such a div, but I've got a simple wiring problem. I'm replacing a ceiling light. There are 2 cables coming out of the ceiling, that originally went into a ceiling rose terminal block (I didn't make a not of how this was wired!). One cable has four wires (red, blue, yellow, and one "naked"). The other cable has red L, black N and green/yellow E.

How do I connect these to the new light fittings, which has just 2 Live and Neutral connectors?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

Reply to
Mando

ok i was wrong not a fan lite , sounds like old style 3 way system. are there 2 swithes that control the light? if so pull them out there should be two screws the same color for your dummy wires, one green for green yellow or nekkid, and one other color normally black sometimes gold which is for common wire common on one swithch is a feed (hot) the other switch has your switch leg (goes to lite). white wire to white fixture wires, yellow (my guess) to black fixture wires, red to red, black to blue, unless one of your commons is blue or some other color then hook it to fixture black wires, nekkid yellow/ green E are all grounds

Reply to
sym