Replacing 20-yr old Heat Pump

It's still working after 20 years, but I just bought the house last year and want to replace entire 2 zone system before it dies. Three reputable local outfits have presented quotes (in 10-15K range) for a 3 ton and a 1.5 ton. Of the three only one explicitly mentioned replacing the 20-year old R22 line sets with new, the other two said nothing about this. Since the upstairs unit's plumbing runs inside walls the one man proposed an R22 unit there, but the others want to use the new 410 refrigerant in the old lines (I assume, since they proposed new newer refrigerant and din't say anything about running the lines up the side of the house hiding in downspout camo). Does this sound correct? I understand there's a significant pressure differnece in the two line sets. Units proposed are Trane and American Standard, replacing a Ruud system. Thanks in advance for any good thoughts.
R22 is amonia, don't think it is outlawed as is R12???

I can't remember the R number for ammonia. 800 something. But, R-22 is hydro chloro difluoro methane.
Of course, everyone remembers R12, which is dichlorodifluoromethane.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
SM> I can't remember the R number for ammonia. 800 something. But, R-22 SM> is hydro chloro difluoro methane.
R22 is chlorodifluoromethane. if it had water it would cause acid
-=> HvacTech2 <=-
.. "A friend of mine is in jail for counterfeiting pennies..."- s.w.
Methane has four bonds to the carbon atom.
In the case of R22: 1) hydrogen 2) chlorine 3) Fluorine 4) Flourine
I think it's common usage not to mention the hydrogen, as they are assumed to be part of the methane. In any case, there is a hydrogen, and I'm likely mistaken to have mentioned it.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
N> R22 is amonia, don't think it is outlawed as is R12???
R717 is ammonia, not R22.
-=> HvacTech2 <=-
.. "A friend of mine is in jail for counterfeiting pennies..."- s.w.
Thanks, friend. I shoulda read your message first. 717. How silly of me.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus