Replacement Windows - Superseal 1100 Series

We live in southern NY area and would like to get replacement windows.

We are being told that a "great window" is the Superseal 1100 series. I can't find any information about this window or even the company!

I will ask a million questions about replacement windows, but to keep the thread on topic, does ANYONE know ANYTHING about Superseal 1100 Series windows?

tia Confuzzled in Sloatsburg

Reply to
Confuzzled in Sloatsburg

Try here

Ed Pawlowski

Not a major company. Try Andersen, Pella, and JeldWen, all sold nationally. Customer service at JeldWen is especially good.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

The warranty isnt very good on the glass, I read it quickly and their out can be heat related. Also any waranty is usualy voided if a window is installed 1/8" out of plumb, level or square, this is a normal exclusion so you must check every window on your install before you pay. Read the glass warranty carefully. Read test specs and compare all the ratings to known high quality windows like Marvin or Andersen. Pella condense easily and do have a poor condensing factor rating, I found out to late as i also found out to late my Anderson sliders had no warranty from day one due to improper install, buy their warranty is better than super seal. There is alot to windows to learn before you buy,

is a good place to start. Your warranty is only as good as the installer, if the instaler does anything without using a level you are being screwed so you have to be on top of his job, I learned the hard way, leaks after I paid, no warranty, and a contractor that lost 1-2 cases a year in local court and would not fix his negligent install.

Reply to
ransley