replacement windows on the North side of the house

Hi all - I'm just starting the planning process for replacing the original alluminum windows on my 37 year old house. There are windows on every side: 3 on the East, 3 on the West, 2 on the South and 6 on the North. My question is what would your recommendation be for the North side? Would I still want the Low-e glass since the sun really doesn't shine through those windows?

Thanks in advance for your response!

NAL

Reply to
NAL

on 8/26/2007 11:27 AM NAL said the following:

Probably not, but I would suggest that you do not use metal framed windows.

Reply to
willshak

This site explains why you might want to spend the extra:

nancy

Reply to
Nancy Young

Low-e will reflect the heat back in the wintertime. I think you definitely want it.

Reply to
Buck Turgidson