Replacement windows

I have a question about replacement windows...over the summer I had all my windows replaced with brand new "replacement" windows, not "new build" windows. Yesterday was a very windy day(65mph) and with the windows shut and locked, I could feel cold air blowing in from the sides, where the 2 sashes come together along the tracks on the wall that they slide up/down on(follow me?) I know when they were installed, there was insulation stuffed in the gaps before the finishing boards were put on.. anyway, my question is, does every/any window always have some amount of air leakage? Thanks for any input. CG in NY

In tropical storm force winds (39-73mph), or F0 Gale tornado (40-72mph) winds, yes, some leakage around windows would be expected!
Best Regards, -- Todd H. http://www.toddh.net /
Seems to me that what you need is some foam window/door insulation that comes in a pressure can.
This stuff is specially formulated to be a great insulator and to not apply any pressure on the sash.
I got mine a Home Depot and it really works.
--
PDQ