Replacement windows

On the presumption that I have standard size windows, what should I expect for a cost per window with storms and screens in Maryland. Looking for a ballpark range before I start talking to contractors.
Dick
Dick Adams wrote:

Depends...aluminum? vinyl? wood? double pane? triple pane? tempered? Brand counts too as does the size of the window (no such thing as "standard size").
IOW, you might as well ask how much a car costs.
--

dadiOH
Dick Adams wrote:

Assuming removal of old windows does not require extensive repair work (new ones can be placed, attached, caulked and trimmed in aluminum, the cost to remove and dispose the old window, replace with vinyl thermal pane windows with e-glass and Argon, with full screens, may run about $300 per window assuming multiple windows are being replaced. You could pay a lot more, I doubt if you could get it done for much less.
Lena