Replacement Window Question

Hi All: I am going to replace my old wood windows with Harvey Classics. The installer (who I know will do an excellent job) says that he will measure the existing windows and Harvey's will make the to fit. Roughly $300/window installed. Anyone have any experience with these windows. They are solid Vinyl which means no painting.
Never heard of em .
Consumer Reports did an extensive comprehensive write up you should read .
But it seems as if you have made up your mind.
There are many factors- rateable performance characteristics going into a good window SHG - CDF- U Value - Total at center U and R value , SHR , VLT. and more . Unless you know these terms and comparisons you will have no idea if you aren't buying Crap.
300 instaled ? My simple install was 225 for labor only. And a consumer Reports " Best Buy" window was 250. [ but poor performance on CDF ] which i regret.
You really get what you pay for. That includes the instaler , which is primary .
Harvey Windows are local to New England Area. So far, I haven't heard any complaints about quality. I will look into that consumer report if I can figure out which volume to get. Do you recall which one it is?
On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 08:36:08 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) wrote:

Harvey Windows are the standard replacement window here in New England, and although I do not have them everyone I know who has them and everyone I talk to about them agree that they are indeed an Excellent window.
My two cents about Consumer Reports:
Anything and everything that I have knowledge of, they are way, way wrong about in their reviews. I simply do not trust them at all.