Replacement Window Question

Hi All: I am going to replace my old wood windows with Harvey Classics. The installer (who I know will do an excellent job) says that he will measure the existing windows and Harvey's will make the to fit. Roughly $300/window installed. Anyone have any experience with these windows. They are solid Vinyl which means no painting.

Reply to
Finite Guy

Never heard of em .

Consumer Reports did an extensive comprehensive write up you should read .

But it seems as if you have made up your mind.

There are many factors- rateable performance characteristics going into a good window SHG - CDF- U Value - Total at center U and R value , SHR , VLT. and more . Unless you know these terms and comparisons you will have no idea if you aren't buying Crap.

300 instaled ? My simple install was 225 for labor only. And a consumer Reports " Best Buy" window was 250. [ but poor performance on CDF ] which i regret.

You really get what you pay for. That includes the instaler , which is primary .

Reply to
m Ransley

Harvey Windows are local to New England Area. So far, I haven't heard any complaints about quality. I will look into that consumer report if I can figure out which volume to get. Do you recall which one it is?

Reply to
Finite Guy

Harvey Windows are the standard replacement window here in New England, and although I do not have them everyone I know who has them and everyone I talk to about them agree that they are indeed an Excellent window.

Reply to
Mastermech

My two cents about Consumer Reports:

Anyth> Never heard of em .