replacement window leak?

I had a bunch of windows replaced in my house. Generally I think they were put in fine. However, in my bedroom, there are three windows right next to each other, seperated by the framing. I notice that when the blinds are closed, I can see the drawstrings and dowels moving slightly. when I open the blinds, the strings and dowels settle down significantly. I really don't think the windows are leaking. I put my hand up and feel no current of air, and they caulked the hell out of them when they installed. and, there is no apparent water leaks when it rains. Is this caused by a leak from somewhere around the framing of the window, not releated to the replacement windows themselveds. like somewhere behind the plaster, or coming in through the siding? Could this be some elementry physics thing? THe window frame and windows are chilly to the touch in this winter weather.. could the movement be caused by warm air in the room hitting the cold glass and wood?

Reply to
Chris

What make, who put them in, how much wind outside. Windows can be out of warranty the second they are installed and leak if not Plumb, level and square, 1/8" is all most companies allow, I would check that first, then call the manufacturer. To feel leaks I fixed on mine I need 15 mph wind, near zero, and a wet hand. Try a cigarette when it real windy. MIne were put in so I had no warranty, its a common thing for hacks to just pop them in without a level and care. If something moves that heavy you have a leak you should not have unless its real windy/

Reply to
ransley

Chris wrote in news:a3087344-a8e8-4b01-b201- snipped-for-privacy@w1g2000prk.googlegroups.com:

Do you have baseboard heating? If so, could be the rising heat. But if it's doing it when the heat is off...then back to your original post.

Reply to
Red Green