Replacement window, bay.

I have a 36"x 60" double window over my kitchen sink. I'd like to drop in a bay window there, but they're about $1500 at home depot.
Should i expect this price for a bay window everywhere, or am I being behoozled?
You could just create your own out of your old window and 2 smaller windows.

The price sounds about right to me.
I got a garden window from HD. Mysteriously, 2 of the panes cracked after a year. It was nice to find out the window has a lifetime guarantee. Since I did the replacement myself, it didn't cost me a dime. When you take something apart, you get to see some of the construction details. Looked pretty good. I've gone a few years now with no more problems.
One of the things I found out is HD gets it's garden windows from Silverline. You could try contacting them directly.