Replacement washers for those braided stainless hoses

Hi all:
When I replaced my washing machine hoses 4 years ago, I used braided stainless ones, thinking that would be cheap insurance against leaks. The other day, I found one had started leaking around its end fitting, so I'm looking for replacement washers. The ones that came with the hoses are about 1" in diameter with a 5/16" inside diameter. They are thicker in the middle, with a recess that fits against the swivel joint in the hose end. Regular hose washers don't work because the inside diameter is too large to seal the swivel joint (yes, I tried them). I've been to Lowes, where I bought the hoses, but they don't stock the washers. I've tried Home Depot, Ace Hardware, etc., but no luck. I'm about ready to just get some new hoses, but I thought I'd ask here first. Where can you get these things?
Thanks in advance, John.
the_tool_man wrote:

You can buy a postcard sized sheet of red rubber gasket material for under a buck in the plumbing section of most hardware stores or Home Cheepo.
It doesn't take rocket surgery to carve out a washer like that with an X-Acto or utility knife. Stack up two if one isn't thick enough.
HTH,
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia