Replacement screws for a GE panel

Page 3 of 3
Oren posted for all of us...

They were very polite and patient, each of them waited for the squeak and grinding noise of the preceding gerbil to stop before diving into the disposal. It was a real tragedy. 8-(

That's being blunt...
--
Tekkie

Eigenvector writes:

The thread is standard and will match up to various screw head types at the hardware store. You want a "truss head" to match the old one.

OK if it fits. If the threads in the panel are stripped you will have to tap out to the next larger size.
--
Free men own guns - www.geocities/CapitolHill/5357/

I too had heard or read somewhere that the outlet grounding lug position sh ould be on the top so that if anything was to fall on something plugged int o the outlet it would hit the grounding lug rather than having a 50-50 chan ce of landing on the hot lead. This supposedly made it safer.
On Saturday, September 3, 2016 at 9:42:57 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

should be on the top so that if anything was to fall on something plugged i nto the outlet it would hit the grounding lug rather than having a 50-50 ch ance of landing on the hot lead. This supposedly made it safer.
Wouldn't it be easier to make a receptacle plate that can deflect from abov e or below? A raised "V ridge. I've seen electric beds that have short-circ uited an outlet from below when being raised.
snipped-for-privacy@att.net explained on 9/3/2016 :

Electricians wiring up rooms in a supermarket here in New Hampshire told me that when I asked them put them upside down. I thought it rather odd at the time because many three pronged plugs which lay sort of flat against the wall when plugged in now have the wires exit the plug straight up which puts strain on them.
explained on 9/3/2016 :

Well, according to trader_4...
Those electricians, myself, AND, uncle Monster were/are all wrong! it's total BS. [g] I didn't realize trader_4 knows all the local codes too. rofl.
On Monday, September 5, 2016 at 3:31:31 PM UTC-4, Diesel wrote:

I wouldn't be laughing if I were you. You made a post that there has been a "code change" that now requires receptacles to go in ground pin up. Tossing it out that way to everyone reading it, implies that it's an NEC code change, which is why I said I was skeptical and asked if anyone has an NEC cite. Now you have now switched to some inspectors requiring this locally, but unable to give you any cite to anything that has it in the code. If you're an electrician, you don't have access to the local codes? And note, I'm not saying you should argue with the inspector, only that when you post here that code now requires that receptacles go in ground pin up, it's misleading if it's just some local inspectors and you can't even find it in code anywhere. It leaves people reading this thinking that if they're putting in a receptacle it has to go ground up.
And IDK what's going on in NH, but I agree with Rafters that the flat cables I've seen are going to be a mess when used upside down. More people will probably get hurt tripping over those cables then were ever hurt from a metal plate somehow falling down onto outlet pins. I've tripped over cords, I've never had a metal plate fall and short out a plug before.