Replacement return air grille

"p-nut" the life of me find anywhere that carries this size.

This is Turtle.

P-Nut , You need to go to a HVAC warehouse in your city and they will get you any size grill you want or filter to fit it. You tell them what size grill you want and they can order it for you. If you want a filter to fit any return air filter grill , they will order it in throw a way or in washiable or reusiable. they will be listed under Air conditioning wholesale or Air conditioning warehouses.

now when the grill measures 9.25" x 15.25" it is a 9.25" x a 15.25" and nothing more.

Also these wholesale warehouses will deal with customers on things like grills for buying stuff wholesale is not a big deal with service people and the warehouse selling to you. they will deal with you like anybody else on grills like this.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

"p-nut" the life of me find anywhere that carries this size.

play around here

I have ordered from these folks and they do and say what they mean. Prompt and accurate shipping and ordering.

Reply to
SQLit

I have a metal return air grill that measures 9.25 X 15.25 X 1 and can't for the life of me find anywhere that carries this size. Does anyone have any ideas on where I could find one?

Does 9.25 really mean 9 or and does 15.25 really mean 15 or 16? I'm at a loss and really need to find a replacement of this size as my carpet is cut for this particular size.

Thanks to anyone with suggestions.

Reply to
p-nut

Actually it's .75 depth not 1in.

Reply to
p-nut

P-Nut,

Remove the grille fron the wall or ceiling and measure the opening. Round to the nearest inch. That is the size grille yuo want. The grille is sized by the openingn not the outside of the flange. It sounds like you want a 14" x 8". The width is stated first, times the height. Note that if you get a grille with 1/2 inch between the vanes, it will be quieter than if it has 1/3 inch between the vanes.

Stretch

Reply to
Stretch

I had to special order all of mine. Some are odd sizes (maening 5 X somehting as opposed to 4 X something or 6 X something) and Home Depot and Lowes don't sell all sizes available. I did have to refurbish two of mine because I couldn't get them anywhere. I had to soak them in paint thinner to get off several layers of paint, then primed and painted with a paint gun. A real nusiance, but worth the effort.

Reply to
scott21230