Replacement Motion Sensor Heads

I'm looking to get a replacement Motion Sensor head for my flood lights. They are a cheap brand and an electrician told me to find a replacement head since I'm having problems with the current one. I can only find the cheap $20 Cooper/Regent or Heath-Zeneth heads around. Does anyone know of a better brand that is available?
--
Thanks.

I would recommend the H-Z units sold by www.grainger.com, they're not sold under the H-Z name, and resemble the ones sold by Home Depot, but are much better quality. They also have higher wattage units if you need them

In Addition to what RBM said, you could go to an electrical supply company to get a different brand. I have been using the Rab brand for a few years now. They cost around $60.00.
Thanks for these tips!
--
Thanks.

"John Grabowski" < snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net> wrote in message
On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 17:29:06 -0500, "Saucer Man"

Of those two the Heath/Zenith is the best. I have about 20 around the house of various brands and styles, inside and out. The Heaths hold up fairly well if you keep them out of the sun. Direct sun will kill any of them. The Regents are pure crap. I have some a few months old that you have to do gynmastics in front of to get them to light.
On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 23:07:32 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I second this recommendation for Heath: we've got one outside on the garage facing north that doesn't get direct sun, and it's pretty old. It must be at least 11 years old and works just great, very responsive to motion.

I am experimenting with a sunvisor over my south facing detectorrs that seems tio extend the life, I glued a PVC strip cut off of some old verticle blinds about 3" long over the head to shade it.
Ok. I'm gonna go out and see if I can find one of those Heath-Zeneth by Granger or a Rab brand. They're kind of expensive but hopefully they won't turn on when I turn off other switches in my house!
--
Thanks.

"KLS" < snipped-for-privacy@suds.com> wrote in message
Saucer Man wrote:

I have an El Cheapo in my garage which is ~14 years old. It has adjustment for sensitivity, time delay to go off. I screwed in two LED lamps. This thing will last LONG time. Only thing I hate about this thing is it comes on and stays on if power fail. occurs, I have to turn the breaker feeding it off/on to reset it.
On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 20:49:53 -0500, "Saucer Man"

If you have electrical problems that cause "dips" in the line you will get false trips ... on any detector.
What exactly is a dip and what would cause it? How can I check for them?
--
Thanks.

< snipped-for-privacy@aol.com> wrote in message

Low voltage fluctuations. Here is a link to the H-Z models sold by Grainger. http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/itemDetails.shtml

Ok. Thanks. I ordered one and will see what happens.
--
Thanks.

"RBM" < snipped-for-privacy@noemail.com> wrote in message
I received the Grainger version of the H-Z replacement sensor. It solved my problem. With the Regent sensor, if I operated my garage light switch or my laundry room light switch, the motion light went on. With the H-Z, they don't go on. Thanks again!
--
Thanks.