Replacement KitchenAid Silverware Basket Numbers ?

Hello,
Have a fairly old KitchenAid Dishwasher.
Manual, and the label, that was once on the inside, are long gone.
Need a new Silverware Basket for it.
Guess it's Whirlpool now rather than KitchenAid. True ?
Anyway, on the Basket itself, it has molded in:
8531288 ASM 8531233 (note the last two digits are different)
Amazon show separate baskets, and prices, for each of these numbers, separately.
They sure don't make it easy.
Which do you think I actually want ? Why two different ones ?
Thanks, Bob

Bob,
Try some alternative sources besides Amazon. Here are two I've used successfully:
www.appliancerepair.com www.appliancezone.com
If you cannot find the exact replacement then have your measurements with you and check the specs on others that at least look similar.
Good luck.
On 3/5/2015 8:41 PM, bobmct wrote:

Yeah, I agree with alternate sources. I have a 6 1/2 yo Whirlpool, who BTW now makes KitchenAid. We always hated the silverware compartment on the door, however, there is an ?option? to leave it on the lower basket. Well, it always giggles and fall off, etc. Tie wraps keep it nicely in place. But, the way we use utensils and the fact that the WP basket is so deep that it's hard to get a small spoon out, we started using our very old KA basket in the upper basket. When it developed several gaping holes, I looked around. I found many new units on ebay. Here's a link: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1311.R1.TR6.TRC1.A0.H0.Xkitchenaid+sil.TRS0&_nkw=kitchenaid+silverware+basket&ghostText=&_sacat=0 The one I found was a bit different, new and cost us $25 shipped. As we are using it in a sort of non standard way, we probably could have picked any brand.
Bob,
KitchenAid has a web-site with (800) numbers.
Dave M.