Replacement for house wrap...

A development nearby has several new houses that look like they have been coated (sprayed?) with foundation waterproofing. Something new to me; anyone here had experience with it it? Looks to be real labor saver over applying Tyvek or similar.
Joe

There are some sheathing sheets that come with a built-on barrier, and then the seams between boards are taped. It makes for a very quick, complete and durable drying-in process. Perhaps that is what you're looking at. I'd think anything sprayed that would stick would create big problems with overspray and environmental concerns.

Your post enticed me so I went looking for "spray on house wrap".
I found this: http://stodistributor.com/allweb.nsf/emeraldcoat
And a lot of other hits.
I agree that it might be a lot easier.
--
Colbyt

Two guys can wrap a house in a few hours. You think that someone could spray a house in a few hours? There are some potential benefits for sure, but I don't know that faster, easier or cheaper are among them.
Interesting concept, though. Stuff like that, and the coated sheathing I mentioned, require a drying-to-the-interior approach to moisture in the walls, otherwise it's rot and mold city USA.

.
Spray in truck bed liner is being used on houses these days. I understand its great water proof and provides resistance to storm damage.
Jimmie
On 7/5/2011 7:11 PM, JIMMIE wrote:

One of the local roofing suppliers told me of a roof coating product they have nicknamed "Batman Suit" because of how tough the stuff is. It's a lot like that indestructible spray on bed liner. The salesman told me to never get it on my skin because it will have to wear off.
TDD
On 7/5/2011 6:38 PM, RicodJour wrote:

I wrapped my house when I built it. The wrap goes up fast enough but taping the seams takes a while as does the the window and door openings. I've wondered how much air the staples holes let in. To me it has always seemed counter productive to put up a barrier like Tyvek then make a few thousand staple holes in it.
I'll bet that spray does a good job of sealing around windows and doors. Maybe a combination of the two methods would be worthwhile. Wrap the house with Tyvek then spray the seams, windows, doors and any other openings in the walls.
LdB