Replacement for a screen door

I am a recent amputee and am using a wheelchair. When my ramps were installed my metal storm door, from my front door, was removed so the metal ramp could be installed.

What can I use to replace the storm door just to keep out the flies?

Reply to
Moe Jones

my metal storm door, from my front door, was removed so the metal ramp could be installed.

Moe, Check 'ADA' for code requirements in legal detail. Ramp should have a landing at the door with clearance for opening the door and you. What about an 'air door'? That takes less floor space than a swinging door. T

Reply to
tbasc

Phantom has some invisible screen doors. THey basically roll up horizontally when you don't need them. I think Lowes or Home Depot may carry them.

What can I use to replace the storm door just to keep out the flies?

Reply to
Art

my metal storm door, from my front door, was removed so the metal ramp could be installed.

If you have the old storm door it may be easy enough to cut a bit off of the bottom, add a filler strip if the bottom is hollow and remove any sharp edges and rehang it.

Reply to
beecrofter

my metal storm door, from my front door, was removed so the metal ramp could be installed.

Probably the least good suggeestion, but my house has no screen or storm door, and a solid front door so there is no light in the hall.

I just cut a piece of vinyl screening the size of the doorway, put velcro at the top of it, and the other half of the velcro on the top door molding, and hung the screen in the doorway. I'm sure they could get in thought the sides, but otoh, I'm sure a lot fewer do that way. I only used it for one summer, for some reason, but I think it worked pretty well. My door moldings were white so I got self-adhesive white velcro. It's still there but I don't even notice it.

Reply to
mm