Replacement draw rail guides on pine chest of drawers

Hi all,
I have a pine chest of drawers where the plastic draw rail guides are broken beyond repair. The drawers simply have a groove for where the guides go, so the action is pine on plastic. Can I get steel replacements or will this not work well with the pine? Also, can anyone send me a link to an exact product, seller in the UK please? Thanks
On 29 Aug 2006 19:52:49 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

There are too many variations in drawer hardware to provide any details without being able to see what you have. But you should be able to find either plastic or metal replacements that should work, perhaps with some minor fitting.
I suggest you try posting this question in rec.woodworking, with a link to a picture of what you have if possible. There are a number of folks from the UK that hang out in that group that may be able to point you to a local source.
Here's a link to a US site that may help you figure out what you need.
http://wwhardware.com /
Look in the section for "drawer slides"
HTH,
Paul Franklin
On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 06:12:55 -0400, Paul Franklin

Or wood, if the grooves are big enough.