Replaceing( sheet) Vinyl in laundry room

I am putting down 1/4 in, wafer stran board, the underlayment I removed was stapled and glued.

I intend to use screws and PL-400 sub floor glue, how far apart should I place the screws, I will use a Mikita and be careful and keep the screws flush with the under layment so I don't have to fill indentations.

Thanks

Tom

Reply to
tflfb

"tflfb" wrote in news:MP5_b.35$ snipped-for-privacy@news.uswest.net:

"wafer stran board". I hope you DON'T mean "wafer board". Luan plywood would be better.

Whether the screws are flush or not, you should fill in the screw heads. You don't want little x's telegraphing through the vinyl. I'd drive them just below the surface and fill the dimple and any seams with leveling compound. I'ts not that big a job and will look better 5 years from now.

NJBrad

Reply to
Brad Bruce

Another question, Is there a certain type of mastic to use or can I buy a generic brand at the big box store.'

The vinyl is "Domco" do I need there mastic?

Reply to
tflfb