Replaced needle and seat.

I have a troy built mower 5.5 hp Tecumseh. It was dripping gas out the carb. I removed the carb. Replaced needle and seat. Cleaned it(spray/rinse/air)and replaced gaskets. It does not have a carburetor adjustment screw. The engine smokes (runs rich). Just a red primer blub on the side. What went wrong? How do I adjust the carb?

Thanks TP

Reply to
TP

How old is it and what's the model number of the carb ?

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

It is adjusted by the level of the float. The higher (lower when you have it upside down on the workbench) it is the richer it will run.

Reply to
Artemis

Also, the float must float- be free of leaks.

Then there are the mixture adjustments- typically high & low-speed. Sounds like one or both of yours are waaaaay rich. Typically turning clockwise leans mixture.

barry

Reply to
John Lawrence

Sounds like you didn't read the problem the original poster has.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

He said there were no adjustment screws. On those carbs you can only control the rich/lean with the float level adjustment.

Reply to
Artemis