Replaced light switch...now light stays on

I just replaced all outlets and light switches in my bedroom. One of the outlets had one plug controlled by light switch. I know I connected wires right because I transfered wires one by one from old outlet/switch to new. Now, not only is outlet always hot, but the switch no longer controls the light...light is always on. Could this be related to the fact that I didn't break the tab between the two plugs on the light controlled outlet?

Thanks. TG

Reply to
Tracy Gentry

Tony Hwang

Which tab; there are two of them you know.

Reply to
Toller

The (brass) one with the red or black wire, not (silver) the white wires.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan