replace skin on house

I've got to replace the skin on an older wood frame house. The current skin is T111, 4x10 sheets, 1' OC. The paint failed a long time ago and the T111 has now failed in quite a few places.
One of the people at Home Depot mentioned a concrete-based siding board and said it was the best thing going to replace the skin. Have you had any experience with this "Hardy board" (I think that's the name)? What's your opinion?
Is there something better to use?
jess wrote:

It's a bitch to cut , you'll have to predrill holes for nails , mice can't eat thru it .
--
Snag

Oren posted for all of us...

4skin? Just rub it to protect!