Replace side mounted faucets in 1950 sink?

Are replacement side mounted faucets available for a circa 1950 sink like this?
http://donwiss.com/pictures/misc/1950sink.jpg
On 3/26/2014 1:54 AM, Don Wiss wrote:

Same faucet as on top; just mount location. There's nothing unique about the faucet itself.

You should be able to find single valves NP. A wide spread (8"?) pair may fit too.
--

dadiOH
____________________________
On 3/26/14, 2:54 AM, Don Wiss wrote:

Yikes !! And I thought it may be a problem to find a replacement someday for this "angled" faucet from the 50's.
http://s1245.photobucket.com/user/reed860/media/faucet_zpsefa9398d.jpg.html
On 3/26/2014 9:48 AM, Retired wrote:

Same thing--there's nothing at all unique about the faucets.
They're called "wide spread" faucets and there a zillion from which to choose and if look can probably still find the originals or something very close...
<http://www.faucetdirect.com/kohler-bathroom-sink-faucet/c1833?f17866=Widespread

Do you have to use angled water so that it will fit through the faucet?
I won't even ask how the drain is configured.
On 3/26/14, 6:11 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

No, but you do have to bend at the waist for everything to work right.

Drain ?? Is there supposed to be a drain ? Who knew .......
Don Wiss;3214866 Wrote:

I don't know if Kissler would have replacement faucets, but I'm quite sure that I've seen the handles and escutcheons for your faucet at Kissler & Co.
And, I expect that if they sell the handles and escutcheons, they'd sell the cartridges and seats, too.
Kissler has a $500 minimum order, but their sales department should be able to tell you who they ship to regularily in your area, and you'd just have to order the parts through that company.
Go to:
'Kissler | Plumbing Repair Parts' (http://www.kissler.com /)
and download their plumbing parts catalogue, and you should be able to find parts for your faucet in there. Kissler specializes in old and obsolete plumbing parts. They buy the parts from the same companies that made them for the original faucet manufacturers. It's just that they buy fewer of them because there's much less demand for them now then there used to be.
--
nestork

On Thu, 27 Mar 2014 00:28:29 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@work.com wrote:

We had a plumber over to the house. He said the sink was American Standard:
http://www.fvstore.com/Vintage-Porcelain-Sink-American-Standard-1930s-1940s/p137345.html
He thought the metal was too corroded to replate and finding a replacement stopper would be a challenge, since it's all different nowadays. Though there may be a place in Montclair, NJ that has replacement parts.
The water really gushes out of the spout. No aerator.