replace outdoor faucet?

My outdoor faucet is leaking at the turning knob. It leaks only when it is ON (couple turns on the knob) Since the faucet is buried deep inside the brick wall, how do I go about replacing it? or perhaps, it is possible to repair it from the outside instead? My house is built in 2002.
Thanks in advance
JIMMY
Jimmy S. wrote:

--
Grandpa

turn faucet on all the way, tighten packing nut 1/2 turn, that will likely fix it, if it still leaks tighten a quarter turn more
"Jimmy S." says:..... My outdoor faucet is leaking at the turning knob. It leaks only when it is ON (couple turns on the knob) Since the faucet is buried deep inside the brick wall, how do I go about replacing it? or perhaps, it is possible to repair it from the outside instead? My house is built in 2002.
Thanks in advance
JIMMY -----------
Is this a frost free hydrant or a standard faucet? If it is the standard faucet then yes try the packing nut trick, but if it's the "frost free" variety you need the parts kit for the make/model of your hydrant. ie something like this:
http://doitbest.com/Laundry+and+Frost+Proof+Faucets-Mansfield+Plbg.+Prod.-model-006307755-doitbest-sku-492361.dib
Hope this helps!
Here is the image of the outdoor faucet.
http://i15.tinypic.com/6cxlz0j.jpg
Could you tell me whether is a standard or "frost free" version you were talking about? Thanks,
JIMMY

http://doitbest.com/Laundry+and+Frost+Proof+Faucets-Mansfield+Plbg.+Prod.-model-006307755-doitbest-sku-492361.dib
Jimmy S. wrote:

Looks like an old style frost free. The vacuum breaker is sort of "permanently" attached at the hose threads rather than being on top. If its leaking at the packing nut then you can try tightening it like hallerb suggested. If it still leaks, then you can try to replace the packing around the stem. If it still leaks then you will have to find a rebuild kit like Jackson suggested for that style of a faucet. If you can't find a rebuild kit, then it should be replaced. You should be able to access the back side from the crawl space or basement. There are sites that explain how to replace these valves. DAG
By the way, the valve seat is buried inside the wall anywhere from 4 to 12 inches inside, that's why you'll always have some water dripping out after you turn it off. Can't tell from the visible markings what brand it is or its possible length. But if it doesn't leak when the water is off, its probably OK.
--
Grandpa

Take that picture to the hardware store and ask if they have a repair kit for the faucet. Bring any markings that you can find on it as well. If they don't have a repair kit buy a new anti-siphon frost-free hydrant and replace it, or call a plumber to do it, which after looking at that photo is probably what I would do if that was my situation and I couldn't repair the faucet. I'm an amateur plumber at best, and I'm not big on masonry issues either.
HTH.