Replace or Repair Garage Door Opener?

You and your garage door opener will live long enough to be a PIA to your great grand children.

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I distinctly remember forgetting about that discussion.

Reply to
HeyBub

Finman wrote the following:

My Craftsman Door opener gears were replaced some 6 years ago. It was 20 years old at the time. The Craftsman model number begins with 139 which makes it a Liftmaster. I have a Sears repair facility about 15 minutes away. The kit cost me $22.72 which included tax. I still have the box containing the parts that I did not replace, including the worm drive. I only used the nylon gear that the worm drive turned. The box contained the replacement gear, worm drive, washers, etc. necessary to completely replace all the old parts.

Text on the box.

65409 41A2817 Drive Gear and Worm Set. MFG Code 125512 Contents Made in the U.S.A
Reply to
willshak

Reply to
Bernt Berger

I've 35 years plus with garage door openers. I've replaced one board, one gear, and one time the whole unit.

Spare parts? No thanks. I actually have the old unit for parts but haven't needed any yet.

Reply to
Dan Espen

Ten bucks each, and a common replace part? Sure thing.

Christ> I'd take that chance. What, for ten bucks more? Heck, yah!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon