Replace drain under sink

I have a laundry tub that i want to replace the Drain pipe but it goes into a lead drain in the concrete floor. How do i remove & install a new one without melting or damageing the lead ?
--
Dell Inspiron
Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz

As part of a major bathroom renovation (read: "gutting") I had to replace a toilet shoe that was leaded to the top of the cast iron drain pipe.
I called a pro who leaded a new one on in a matter of minutes. Well worth the money as far as I'm concerned.
As Harry Callahan once said...
"A man's got to know his limitations."

As noted above, don't even think about messing with leaded connections. Call a pro, preferably someone with a few decades of experoence.
Joe