Replace DeWalt chuck with quick-change chuck?

Assuming it exists... Anybody know what the name might be, of a quickchange adapter to replace a regular chuck? I would like to remove a DeWalt 18 V drill (DCD760) chuck and replace it with a quickchange chuck.
Thanks.
?

Yes, they are called quick change chucks. DeWalt makes one as well as many others. Amazon lists 130 different items under quick change chuck.

Is that similar to a "quickchange chuck"?

I am talking about a replacement chuck that is a quickchange chuck, a quickchange chuck that screws onto the arbor/shaft of an ordinary drill in place of the ordinary chuck. I am not talking about a quickchange chuck that fits into an ordinary chuck. I am talking about a quickchange chuck that "replaces a regular chuck", one that would "replace the regular chuck with a quickchange chuck".
The English word "replace" means "take the place of" or "put in place of".

...and your point is? Have you even done a Google search? In about 10 seconds:
http://www.thefind.com/hardware/info-dewalt-replacement-chuck
"krw att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" <krw att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz> wrote:

Apparently you are a moron and/or a troll.
--

No, you're just too stupid to do a web search on your own.
?

What then, does that word "adapter" you used mean???????
Why not learn to use Google or Bing?
"Ed Pawlowski" <esp snetnospam.net> wrote:

So you were confused by that one word, while your dismissive reply misinterpreted every other word in my post.

Why not learn to read? And then take your personal problems to an appropriate group.
Apparently you know of no such device. And apparently there is no such device, or it is very difficult to find. And that is why I asked here instead of "googling" (or whatever you want to call it).
Real answers is what UseNet is for. If you are a moron, you might be better off being a lurker. If you just don't know, fine, but do not pretend that you do.
--

?

I know how to read. You don't know how to write. Don't ask for an adapter if you don't want one.
On 1/30/2011 9:42 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Ed- For what it is worth, I knew what he meant. OP used the words 'remove' and 'replace' in his first post, both referencing the factory chuck. He didn't word it real well, but the clues were there.
Just sayin'.
--
aem sends...

IMO, no. Qickchucks don't hold as well as cranking with a key. You just don't change a bit/tool enough to justify that weakness. If you're using multiple bits for a repetitive job, like pilot holing, than driving screws, it's much easier to use multiple drills anyway. So you're not saving much time with a quickchuck. What, maybe 5-10 seconds a change?
--Vic
Vic Smith <thismailautodeleted comcast.net> wrote:

There is no such thing as a "quickchuck", you twit.

That is off-topic, and of course that depends on who you are and what you are doing. You should stay away from all tools.
--

> If you're using multiple bits for a repetitive job, like pilot holing,
> than driving screws, it's much easier to use multiple drills anyway.

It is unlikely that DeWalt or other manufacturers use generic drill chuck mounts. Therefore, DeWalt should be your source for what you want. They have a web site for parts that you can peruse. Probably their impact driver chuck can be used on the drill. Ask them.
Joe
Just out of curiosity, is there a particular reason why a quickchange "adapter" won't do what you want? They're relatively cheap, easy to find that then your drill is still usable with normal drill bits in a few seconds. I have one I paid less than 10 bucks for and only adds about an inch to the length of the drill. Of course, as others suggested, it doesn't get much use because most things you might want it for work better with two drills and everything chucked up nice and tight...