Replace cornerboards

The cornerboards on my house are made of 5/4 X 6 lumber. I have replaced 3 of them with redwood and have no problem with those but the rest keep rotting out on me. Redwood is no longer available. Are there any synthetics that would work. I didnt see anything that Trex had that would do the job.
Jimmie

I'd go with cypress or ipe.

There are composite ones now. There are also cedar which is pretty good at rot resistance. Pine will last longer if you prime it completely, extra on the ends, before install and make sure it is caulked properly. The biggest problem is that most of us wait till our house really needs caulk/paint before we do it. I just replaced some corner boards and window trim myself before I had the painters come. At $3k or so a pop I procrastinate on the painting. Worse on my lake house, it's stained and I only got 7 years out of the last job. House and detached garage were $5 to do. No wonder I put it off, haha.

Have you thought about Hardie panel? My house is Hardie panel board and batton with the same for corner boards. If they rot, give up. ;-)
What you are seeking is called AZEK.
http://www.azek.com /
Redwood is still available, treated lumber is available, the Azeck is probably the best product.
--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG wrote:

For certain definitions of "best"... :)
It is a pita for installation and finishing cut edges, etc., and looks like plastic on a house when done imo...