Replace component icemaker with modular?

I have an icemaker on a boat. It is a DOMETIC DN 1070.001. It is a little freezer with what looks like a residential icemaker in it, just like you would find in any home freeze top refrigerator. The icemaking machine (crescent mold component style) is shot...motor bad, switches bad, thermostat bad, etc. I have found the manufacturer's specified replacement, part number 3100514.003...and I'm a little cheap...this replacement unit is $221! Is there a cross reference to a regular residential model for this? I have tried to replace the old unit with a Amana Modular style-plug fits and wiring colors are same, and I can make it run by jumping "m" & "N" probes, but it won't run but on its own.

Reply to
GSS