Repairs to dining room suite

I have normal everyday scuffing damage to the legs of my 6 chairs and table legs. what would be the best method to bring back to the orignal condition. After sanding and blending to the original colour (Light teak) should I find a matching stain or a coloured varnish.

You might want to post this also in rec.woodworking. You'll probably be buried in answers.
www.refinishwizard.com is a forum with questions like this galore and answers from knowledgeable people. Pictures really help understanding the situation. Let us know please.