repairing wet roof?

I lost some shingles during a storm a few days ago, and I want to put some new ones on, but I thought I was supposed to wait for the roof to be dry. I was going to put them on today, because the weather report yesterday said today would be partly cloudy, but damned if we didn't just have another shower. It's not raining hard or often, just a couple showers a day, enough to keep the roof wet. So is it worse to wait and let it keep getting wet, or to trap the moisture in by putting the new shingles on before it dries? The area needing new shingles (the old ones are completely gone down to the tar paper) is about 5' x 6'. Thanks for any help.

Reply to
a2mgoog

Many experienced roofers will not work on a wet roof. It's just too dangerous.

Inexperienced roofers probably shouldn't either ;-)

Wait for a dry day if you possibly can and be safe. You'll almost certainly be able to effect a better repair in the dry and avoid a long wait in the E.R. too.

Reply to
Malcolm Hoar

Jeez, I honestly didn't even consider the safety aspect, so thanks. Can I have my wife call you if she doesn't believe me?

Reply to
a2mgoog

Ummm, no. Because if she calls, I'm quite certain my wife won't believe me ;-)

Reply to
Malcolm Hoar

LOL!

Reply to