Repairing tilt in windows

Does anyone know how to remove one of the windows? I have three that lost their vapor barrier and could haul them to the glass place to get repaired if I knew how to free them? Might save me some money.
--
"Anybody can have more birthdays, but it takes balls to get old!"

BetsyB

Tilt it in and then raise one corner and it should pop out.
Thanks so much. I sure will try that.
--
"Anybody can have more birthdays, but it takes balls to get old!"

BetsyB

For one, I could tell you how I pop out the Marvin inserts I have (move sash to halfway in travels, grab top at both sides, pull smartly inward; be sure of what you're doing next if you're going to remove the sash), but that probably won't help you at all.
Best you find out from the mfg., partly for reasons of your own safety.
On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 13:26:47 -0500, "betsyb"

Normally, they lift a bit, tilt all the way in, and then you lift either the left or right side near the pivot, at which point, the whole sash comes free, turns out to weigh 80 pounds, and smashes itself into a thousands of tiny shards after crushing your foot.
You might have to push sideways while lifting.
--Goedjn
Google seearch terms: remove tilt in window sash yielded the following illustration:
http://www.windowdoorservices.com/TiltandRemove.html