repairing seepage

I have a small pipe that enters the home about one foot underground, through the concrete. I slight seepage has developed. What is a good way of sealing the leak?
If replying via e-mail, please change the digits to "o"
Thank you,
Bohdan
Dig out the leak from the outside your foundation walll (hopefully the leak is not under a sidewak or something like this). After the leak is exposed, seal it with some sort of caulk that is rated for damp conditions. I do not know precisely what sealant to use, but someome else who replies probably will. You might need pure silicone for this. Make sure that the place you apply the caulk is free of debris. If you caulk a disintegrating mess, you will be caulking again in a few months. If there is concrete breakage around the pipe and perhaps radiating down from it, you might want to consider hydraulic cement.
If you can get to the pipe from outside your house, do not waste your time messing around with the leak from the inside. The trick to stopping water from getting in your house is getting to it before it hits the foundation, not after the water has penetrated it.
You should also check to see if the area around the leak has sufficient drainage. Grade should be sloped away from the house, and make sure a gutter downspout is not dumping water in the suspect area.
When you backfill the hole, do not dump in clay (if you removed clay in the first place...)
mh
On 5 Sep 2005 20:54:16 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:
Do not use caulk or silicone (below freezing), best use hydraulic cement. You can buy it from HD or Lowes. Hydraulic cement will dry and seal within 3 minutes. Read the instruction on the packing and it will tell you when, how and where to apply the cement.

snipped-for-privacy@att.net (BohdanBodnar) wrote:

I sure hope someone has the answer to this question as I believe I have the same problem. The only difference is my underground pipe that comes through the concrete is the garden faucet.

While you say "seepage", what does that mean exactly ? Dripping even partially down the wall, or just a bit of dampness discoloration of the concrete ?
And what is the pipe for ? Electrical wire conduit ? A water line to an outside faucet ? A water supply line from a well or city water supply? Drain line for a sump pump? Just a pipe that seems to serve no purpose ?
Without knowing more, I think the first thing you need to do is check the area outside the wall, and see if there are any low spots where water pools, or downspouts emptying into.
Always far better to eliminate the real problem, rather than patch the symptom.
AMUN