repairing pitted siding

Hi, I have some rotting baseboard exterior siding that was damaged by a powerwasher. Before painting it, I am going to fill in to make it smooth. What's the best stuff to use. I was watching youtube, where people are recommending an epoxy filler for the exterior. The epoxy is pricey. I was giving thought to using plaster. Plaster gives you a nice smooth workable surface. Does this work? Has anyone else tried it? Replacing the wood is a lot of work, requires two people and some scaffolding especially 15 feet off the ground.
Bondo. (auto supply)

Bondo, yes. [maybe] But *not* auto bondo--
Use Bondo "Home Solutions" http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/3MAutomotive/Aftermarket/Products/Product-Catalog/?PC_7_RJH9U5230GE3E02LECFTDQCEK3_nid=CV8P59MXJ8beFDKXQL309Jgl [tinyurl for same link- http://tinyurl.com/36h6wt5
Bondo body filler is a sponge. OK for properly treated metal/fiberglass if it stays sealed from moisture-- but terrible next to wood.
I'm partial to 1. replace the wood 2. Rot Doctor - an epoxy sealer/filler/preservative. http://www.rotdoctor.com /
I've used it on a 50 yr old wooden boat- and a similar vintage garage door. 100% pleased with both applications.
Jim

Rot doctor is nothing but a very over priced, over hyped, thinned down epoxy. You can accomplish the same results by mixing regular epoxy and then thinning it with 10% of it's volume in alcohol. I get the best epoxy prices from http://www.uscomposites.com/ and you can get quarts of alcohol at lowes. Epxoy is naturally flexible. Rot doctor doesn't formulate epoxy, nor does uscomposites or west marine or any of them. Big chemical companies like Dupont make epoxy, all these others are just resalers. Shop for price, not advertising bs.

There is a reason they used epoxy and not plaster. You can do it cheap or you can do it right. Plaster will be gone in a year, maybe less.

Plaster wont last a wet season, wood base wood putty might last 5 years unless its in the desert, quality caulk is good if it is small, Bondo works' Are you sure its not rot, was it a high power gas machine with a zero degree nozzle, my 1300 lb Karcher wont ruin wood unless it rotted, the nozzle is to wide a pattern and pressure to low.