Repairing holes in stucco walls (interior)

Hi,
I had to punch some holes into my interior stucco walls (to pour in perlite insulation). Now I need to close them up again. The biggest has a diameter of about 8 inches.
Would be great if somebody has some hints for me how to best approach this. And maybe some web sites to look at.
Thanks a lot, Wilk

Is the stucco coating on top of sheetrock? If yes, do a google search for "repairing holes in sheetrock", and then reapply texture on top of the repaired spot. When you make a sheetrock patch, you usually have to tape the edges, just as if you were putting up an entire new sheet. So, you'll need to scrape more stucco off from the surrounding area, giving yourself a flat area for the tape.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Find a paint color that's reasonably close - using a color computer if possible, then spray the entire wall from edge break to edge break. Painting just the patches will always be visible.
-- "Tell me what I should do, Annie." "Stay. Here. Forever." - Life On Mars
Rick Blaine wrote:

You can find a acoustic patch in a spray that will make the acoustic look original. Check out Home Cheapo - errr I mean Home Depot. [I'm guessing that's what you meant because stucco is usually outside.]
--
Zyp