Repairing fire rated drywall?

Do I need to do anything special when repairing holes in fire rated drywall (between garage and house)? Can I use any ordinary spackling compund?
-- Dave

Yes..That is how it's done..As long as it's not freezing in the garage....HTH....
On 03 Jan 2010 03:35:17 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@sonic.net wrote:

I use drywall compound for small holes. Anything bigger than 50-cent piece use backing material. The sticky mesh drywall tape helps to make it easy.